Viterra Chartering B.V. seeks an ambitious and flexible Chartering Trade Trainee who will start
his or her career by rotating between several teams within the department and puts his/her
talent to good use where it really matters.
Our programme allows you to explore your knowledge through different experiences within
Chartering Operations and Chartering Trade. You will learn how to apply your knowledge in an
exciting and challenging working environment. We offer training on the job under the trusted
guidance of experienced colleagues. Where in your first year you will amongst other things,
take responsibility by operating and coordinating your own vessels, assist in purchasing bunkers
and participate in several supportive activities. With the knowledge gained this year, the next
step would be to join our Chartering Trade department.
You will work on an international scale and a great aspect in this role is to be in contact with
different people all over the world. Both internally and externally, you will establish and
Required skills and experience
- Academic background for example in Business Economics, Financial economics;
- 0-2 years working experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Affinity with cultural differences;
- The ability to work in a high dynamic environment and switch on different levels;
- Ability to take responsibility and work independently;
- A good level of English (spoken and written);
- Interest in data analyses and/or risk management is a great advantage.
Benefits/what we offer
We are located in over 35 countries and employing over 15.000 people worldwide. The position
you are applying for is part of our Chartering department. You will work in an informal and
diverse team, and be part of an international organization that will help develop your skills and
expertise. As well as this, we offer:
- A complete cross-teams overview of our Chartering department;
- An assignment mentor and HR mentor who will follow you in your personal
development, including monthly evaluations for optimal guidance;
- A competitive salary;
- Flexible and attractive pension scheme;
- A 13th month salary;
- Working in an office located in the Centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station.
Our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network connects producers and consumers to
supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products.
With our talented people, decades of experience and diverse capabilities, we offer innovative
solutions to open pathways and create value for customers through our supply chains.
As a responsible long-term business, we will continue to invest in and develop our network,
allowing us to meet the needs of a growing world.
Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
About the team
The Chartering department exists of 50 employees and is divided in multiple teams: Trade,
Operations (Voyage and Time Chartering), Bunker desk, Technical and Vetting coordination/
Sustainability, Freight Accounting, Mid-Office (Risk and Position management), Projects/BI and
Legal. The team is ambitious, forward-thinking and diverse with both experienced colleagues as
well as entry-level professionals who work together in an informal way.
How to apply
Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our recruiters will
get in contact with you. A reference check and integrity screening by a third party are part of