Time & Location
About the Event
This year, the Port Trip will be different than previous years: Bart Kuipers is going to guide us trough the Waalhaven and Heijplaat by bike. Along the way he will elaborate on all port operations, the history, and much more.
Next Friday, July 16, starting at 13:00 (1 PM) we gather at the entrance of the Maastunnel Bicycle tunnel (North side, Parkkade). We will cycle from the Maastunnel via the Eem-Waalhaven port area to RDM Innovation Dock at Heijplaat. We will return by Waterbus to the Erasmus Bridge, planned arrival time: 16:45. Next, beer and meatballs are served at De Ballentent.
- The Waal-Eemhaven Area is one of the most iconic parts of the port of Rotterdam, offering both high-tech and traditional port business;
- RDM Innovation Dock is the number one location in the port with respect to port innovations, it is located in an impressive former wharf;
- Heijplaat is the most beautiful village in Rotterdam, a hidden treasure;
- Cycling is good for your health;
- A short trip by boat on the waterbus is spectacular;
- De Ballentent is 200% Rotterdam cultural heritage, and most important;
- An opportunity to meet each other as students of Erasmus UPT!!
The number of participants is limited to 20 students (first come, first serve). This event is free of charge. Please sign up before next Wednesday 15:00 hours. Hope to see you all on your bikes!